Order a Custom Fly Rod
I build custom rods on several brands. Interested in a custom Fiberglass, or graphite rod? I can help. I use premium parts on all my custom or shop built rods. Snake brand guides, flor grade cork, silk thread, Lemke reel seats & hardware.
Brands I offer
- McFarland ( fiberglass in E & S glass, graphite also available)
- Trout Smith's ( fiberglass in E & S glass, Heritage carbon models, & spinning rods available)
- Ben's of Holland ( fiberglass S glass)
- Ijuin - (fiberglass E glass)
- Steffen (fiberglass S glass)
- CTS coming soon (fiberglass S glass, graphite models available)
- Blue Halo coming soon ( fiberglass in E & S glass, Liger models also available)
- Customer supplied (I also build on customer supplied blanks)
How to order a custom rod.
Contact me (either by phone or email), make a deposit and I will start working with you on the specs for your new rod. First you choose the blank, length and line weight, then you will be able to choose your reel seat, wood insert, grip shape, thread wrap colors, hardware color and more. I offer slide band & locking seats in both up and down locking configurations for fresh or saltwater application. I turn the cork grip in house from cork rings so just about any shape you can imagine can be made. I use Snake Brand guides in dark nickle or nickle, and I have a vast selection of stripping guide options.
Not sure how you want this rod built or need some help making choices?
You can be as involved as you like. In many cases clients may ask for a custom build with a locking seat but want to leave the rest up to me, or maybe you're dead-set on a cigar grip but open to just about anything else, it's really no problem I'll work with you. You can always look through photos on this website, my facebook or instagram pages for inspiration, or I can send you photos of what I suggest and we can work from there.
Don't have time to wait?
Take a look at my Trout Smith's branded rods. The Trout Smith's rods are built to the same standard as all my custom rods, but they are in stock and ready to ship. Or check out my "shop" page for rods that are finished and ready to ship today.